LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR THE EVRI SOFTWARE
Thank you for interest in the EVRI. Before you gain access to the EVRI please read the License Agreement below. This is a binding legal agreement between you (the end user) and Environment and Climate Change Canada. By using this EVRITM software (the SOFTWARE), and the information accessible using this SOFTWARE (the DATA), you are agreeing to be bound by all the terms of this agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, do not use this SOFTWARE.
1. COPYRIGHT – In using the SOFTWARE, you understand and agree that the EVRI website and SOFTWARE are owned by Environment and Climate Change Canada and are protected by Canadian copyright law, international treaties and conventions, and all other applicable national laws.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE - Environment and Climate Change Canada grants to you a non-exclusive, non-commercial, limited license to use the SOFTWARE to search, view, download and copy the DATA, or portions thereof, onto one computer. You are solely responsible for the changes made on your EVRITM account.
3. SOFTWARE USE AND RESTRICTIONS - You may only use the SOFTWARE while logged onto the EVRI website. You may not, and you may not permit others to: (a) copy or distribute the SOFTWARE, (b) disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code from the SOFTWARE, (c) modify, translate or prepare derivative works of the SOFTWARE, (d) rent or lease the SOFTWARE, (e) merge the SOFTWARE in whole or in part with other computer software programs, or (f) use the SOFTWARE in any manner that infringes the intellectual property of Environment and Climate Change Canada or any other party.
4. DATA USE AND RESTRICTIONS - The DATA may only be used by the person or organization who owns the EVRITM account. All copies of the DATA must retain all trade-mark, copyright and other proprietary notices. The DATA may be archived electronically for future reference but archived DATA may only be used by the person or organization who owned the EVRITM account at the time the DATA was obtained. In no case shall EVRI DATA be sold, leased, or sub-licensed to a third party without express written permission from Environment and Climate Change Canada.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – If an EVRI end user wants to contribute, voluntarily or under a contract, content in the form of study summaries/captures, this end user also accepts to forfeit the intellectual property of such contribution to the Government of Canada, so it can use the study summaries/captures to generate knowledge and information for public dissemination (as per section 6.4.1. of Title to Intellectual Property Arising under Crown Procurement Contracts).
6. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - In the event that DATA is used to produce a new document, you must formally acknowledge the contribution of EVRI in this document.
7. NO WARRANTIES - Environment and Climate Change Canada does not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information or data. Such information and data is provided "as is" without warranty or condition of any nature. Environment and Climate Change Canada disclaims all other warranties, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the SOFTWARE, the DATA downloaded with the SOFTWARE and any accompanying materials.
8. RESTRICTION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - In no event shall Environment and Climate Change Canada be liable for any other damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this product, even if Environment and Climate Change Canada has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, Environment and Climate Change Canada's entire liability under any provision of this Agreement shall be limited to the amount actually paid by you for the data downloaded with the software which caused the damage.
9. TERMINATION - Environment and Climate Change Canada reserves the right to immediately, and without notice, terminate this Agreement and withdraw your access to the EVRITM should you breach any of the terms of this Agreement or should Environment and Climate Change Canada decide to no longer provide public access to the EVRITM.